Mr Muck's Bark Mulch
10 Sacks, approximately 600ltrs
20 Sacks, approximately 1200ltrs
55 Sacks, approximately 1200ltrs
This is our best selling product and is suitable for most landscaping applications where quality and value for money is required.
Mr Muck’s ornamental bark mulch is manufactured from materials sourced 100% within the British Isles, thus completely free of any trace of methyl bromide contamination and ideal for use in the garden and play areas offering numerous benefits:
- Produced from mixed conifer bark with a high percentage of spruce
- 90% of the particles fall in the range of 8-35mm
- Whitewood content no greater than 15% by volume
- Moisture content in the region of 50-60% (green weight basis) on delivery
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 250-350Kg/m3
- The pH range is between 4.5 and 5.5
- Free of all foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic and any other extraneous materials
- Mid brown in colour with a mild odour
- Durable, long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds
During frosty weather it will also act as an insulating layer, reducing the effects of the ground freezing.
How to apply bark mulch
Spread Mr Muck’s ornamental bark mulch evenly onto the freshly cultivated soil. We suggest the mulch be spread to a depth of between 75mm to 100mm, allowing around for 10% settlement within the first 30 days.
The nominal particles size of our bark mulch is between 8mm and 35mm but due to the nature of this product and the screening process, oversize pieces of wood may occur. However, these can easily be removed at the time of installation.
Trusted by customers across the UK
We have supplied our products to some very high profile clients including English Heritage, The Royal Horticultural Society, Leeds and Nottingham Universities and recently The Big Allotment Challenge TV programme.
Trade & Allotments
We offer professional and cost-effective services for tradespeople or associations requiring larger quantities of Mr Muck’s products, some of our existing clients include:
- Landscape gardeners
- Allotment associations
- Property developers
- Golf courses
- Local councils
We offer delivery throughout the UK to your specified address.
Larger loads of 500 bags or more will be supplied on pallets. Access for a 20-tonne flatbed lorry will ensure we can deliver as near as possible to your drop point, a forklift truck is required to unload and must be available on our arrival. Delivery is generally within 5 working days