Delivery throughout the UK
With distribution centres in South Yorkshire and the Midlands we can deliver to 99% of the UK. We deliver direct to your allotment or garden in conveniently sized sacks which are easy to store prior to use (subject to order). Delivery is generally within 5 working days subject to order. Larger amounts available on request, we also welcome trade enquires.
Call 01302 725 544 Monday to Saturday from 9am to 6pm for prices and to arrange delivery.
About Mr Muck's ornamental bark mulch
This is our best selling product and is suitable for most landscaping applications where quality and value for money is required.
Mr Muck's ornamental bark mulch is manufactured from materials sourced 100% within the British Isles, thus completely free of any trace of methyl bromide contamination and ideal for use in the garden and play areas offering numerous benefits:
- Produced from mixed conifer bark with a high percentage of spruce
- 90% of the particles fall in the range of 8-35mm
- White wood content no greater than 15% by volume
- Moisture content in the region of 50-60% (green weight basis) on delivery
- The weight/volume ratio (bulk density) is normally in the range of 250-350Kg/m3
- The pH range is between 4.5 and 5.5
- Free of all foreign matter such as metal, glass, plastic and any other extraneous materials
- Mid brown in colour with a mild odour
- Durable, long lasting and free from pathogens, pests and weed seeds
During frosty wheather it will also act as an insulating layer, reducing the effects of the ground freezing.
How to apply bark mulch
Spread Mr Muck's ornamental bark mulch evenly onto freshly cultivated soil. We suggest the mulch be spread to a depth of between 75mm to 100mm, allowing around for 10% settlement within the first 30 days.
The nominal particles size of our bark mulch is between 8mm and 35mm but due to the nature of this product and the screening process oversize pieces of wood may occur. However, these can easily be removed at the time of installation.